TEAMNESS IN SEATTLE
For the past two years, the beautiful city of Seattle, WA has played host to the first ever official North American 'Prisoner' conventions (reviews HERE).
A community of fans of 'The Prisoner' is growing in the area, and across the whole of North America, but it's important that this community grows and flourishes, so that further wonderful events akin to 'Prisoner Con 2017' and 'The Eternal Village 2018' can be put together for the benefit of fans.
AS SUCH, SEATTLE AND THE UNMUTUAL WEBSITE WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU!
DO YOU LIVE IN CANADA OR THE USA? If so, the organisers of the Seattle events would love to hear your thoughts on what would make you attend the events, and if you wish to help organise such things. Copy/paste the following questions into an email and send them via this link HERE.
Would you EVER consider attending an event for The Prisoner in Seattle,
If no, why? If yes, go to Q2. If no, please don't answer the remaining questions.
2) What would be your minimum requirement/content to attend such an event?
3) What would put you off of attending such an event?
4) For EACH of the following please state what such an attraction would make to your attendance using one of these phrases:
essential / nice but makes no difference / no please don't.
Feel free to add, for each one, who/what would/wouldn't interest you or why you gave the answer you did.
a) Cast member from a Prisoner episode (e.g. Annette Andre, Jane Merrow) attending in person.
b) Crew member who worked on The Prisoner (e.g. Tony Sloman) attending in person.
c) Prisoner historian or writer (e.g. Rick Davy, Tim Palgut) attending in person.
d) Screenings of The Prisoner episodes.
e) Screenings of rare material (e.g. behind the scenes footage, interviews).
f) Dramatic performances (e.g. Brian Gorman one-man stage play) in person.
g) Interactive session (e.g. Q&A with expert, quiz).
h) Memorabilia display.
i) Live on-screen satellite/video-link interviews with noted fans (e.g. Nick Briggs, etc).
j) Opportunity to buy books and merchandise.
k) Social opportunities (e.g. meet up for drinks/food night before or after the event).
l) Free items with ticket purchase (e.g. badge, other materials).
5) What price bracket for tickets do you feel is reasonable for a one-day event in Seattle?
6) What realistically is your likelihood of attending:
a) Very likely come what may I'll be there.
b) Fairly likely, but I'd want what I specified above.
c) I may or may not, depends on the content, finances, and if I am free.
d) Unlikely but I'd be tempted if it looked amazing.
7) What else would make or break your attendance?
8) Would you like to also attend other regular events in Seattle, such as being part of a local group meeting for social discussions, screenings, etc?
Would you like to be involved in organising or helping with events,
or would you prefer to just attend as a ticket holder?
10 ) Any other comments?
11) Where do you live (country / state)?
12) Would you be willing to have your email address added to a mailing list for the Seattle organisers to send invitations, contacts, etc?